Friday, August 5, 2011

Facelift anyone?

No...not that kind of facelift....I gave a little treasure of a table a new facelift.  I bought it for ONE DOLLAR....yep....ONE DOLLAR at my friend Debbie's garage sale.  Here is the before....


I am having a love affair with spray paint right now...it is easy and there are so many colors to choose from these days!! So I primed it with a Krylon spray primer....and then went to town with

Turquoise is one of my favorite colors {pink is the other}.  I had decided to use this table in my classroom {for now} and this year's color theme is Turquoise and Black & White Damask {with a touch of hot pink} so it will match perfectly.....
Once painted, I couldn't decide if I wanted to distress/shabby it up....so I thought about it for a couple days and figured...what the heck...if I don't like it....I can RE-PAINT it!!! lol
So out came the sandpaper and a little white paint.  I sanded here and there and then did a little dry brushing with white paint.  The result is subtle; but I love it.  What do you think.....


Have you got something you want to re-finish...re-purpose...or give a facelift to?  Well...grab a can of paint and get to sprayin'!!!

Have fun!!
{A}

No comments:

Post a Comment