Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Foof-a-licious!!!

Ok...so I posted this picture on Facebook a couple days ago....

Before I reveal what it is....any guesses???

It is........a.....
Coffee Filter Foof!!!!


A What???? A foof???
Well...I didn't name it; but I did see it HERE on this beautiful blog.  When I was surfing blogs one night I came across this lovely blog and I thought this little craft idea would be fun to try.
So I gathered my supplies and got started....now...my apologies...I did NOT snap a picture of each step because the tutorial has all the pics you need but I did snap one when I came had to stop to get more filters...
I followed the tutorial to a tee...some other blogs say to skip the step of covering the styrofoam ball with filters first; but I think that it is an important step. I used a low temp glue gun but if you are going to use a high temp gun...don't skip this step...the glue will just melt the styrofoam. I also glued my ribbon to the ball...simply pinning it to the ball did not work for me...the ball was too heavy.  Now.....I used WAY more filters {approx. 315} than the tutorial said I needed and it took a few hours to complete {it was one of those projects I did a bit at a time}.  I think I used more filters because I glued them really close together and they are pretty tight. I really didn't pay too much attention to "how" I glued them down; but it clearly will make a difference in the end result.  I don't think either one looks better than the other....but when I try this again...I will glue them further apart to see which I like better.  This foof will be hanging in the Mailroom at my school for my colleagues to enjoy.  I am also going to give it a light spray of Clear Acrylic for durability.....
Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating

I think next time I will try spraying it with a beautiful shade of Glimmer Mist....super cute!!
My girls like them and have requested one for their room...... ;)

So....are you gonna be FOOF-A-LICIOUS with me?  Go on...Check it out here, grab some styrofoam, a glue gun, & some coffee filters!!! Be sure to post a picture on the Avenue{A} Facebook page....I would love to see your version!!

{A}

No comments:

Post a Comment